In 2015 we contracted for a comprehensive needs assessment which will inform our grantmaking for the future.
Click here for a two-page summary.
The Community Foundation has gone digital! Beginning on January 1, 2016, we will be accepting inquiries and applications on-line. To prepare for this transition, we will be offering Technical Assistance Workshops in all five of the counties we serve again in June and July 2016. Look here or on our home page in May for the schedule.
Grants Gone Digital Technical Assistance Power Point Slides
If you missed the January 2016 Grants Gone Digital technical assistance workshops, or want to review the presentation, click here for the slides.
In an effort to increase our accessibility and ability to communicate on a more timely basis, we are implementing Foundant, our Online Grants Management system. Among many benefits we think you’ll appreciate is your ability to control organizational contact information; to draft, save and submit online applications; and to upload documents and reports.
For our Community Grantmaking the Foundation only invites proposals after reviewing a letter of inquiry. Prior to submitting a letter of inquiry through Foundant please review our forms and guidelines for grantseekers.
How to Get Started in Foundant
My organization is approaching the Foundation for the first time
- You will need the following to get started:
- A username that is an email address*
- Your contact information
- Your organization’s information, including the EIN/Tax ID number (required)
- Contact information for the organization’s Executive Officer
- If you are approaching us for the first time please go to Foundant, our online grants-management system to create an account.
My organization has received a grant from the Foundation in the past
- Even if you have received a grant from the Community Foundation in the past, you must create a new account in this system. Your grant history has not been carried over to this electronic format so your organization is starting from scratch.
I have been invited to submit a proposal
- After creating and logging into your account, you will either type in an assigned code for the program that you wish to apply to, or click on the link to the appropriate application.
I am unsure of my organization’s history with The Community Foundation
- If you are not aware of your organization’s history with the Community Foundation please contact Tina Barber by email or 607-772-6773.
My organization does not have the technology necessary for an on-line application submission
- Contact Tina Barber, Program Officer at 607-772-6773 to discuss alternatives.
Managing Your Account
How to Apply
- When a cycle is open and an application available, it will show up on your “Dashboard” after you log-in to the system. We won’t be activating any applications until January 1st, 2016. Alternatively, the Program Officer can provide your organization with an application code.
I have my login information and would like to submit a Letter of Inquiry
- Once you have logged-in to the system, check your dashboard for open grant opportunities. Click on the highlighted link for the open opportunity (e.g. Spring 2016 Community Fund) and complete the Letter of Inquiry. Alternatively, if it is an invitation-only application, the Program Officer will send you a code to enter in order to access the Letter of Inquiry.
- Once you’ve submitted your LOI, the Program Officer will review it and if it is approved, will send you the application that you will be able to access on your dashboard. If it is not approved, the Program Officer will contact you directly to discuss why.
What else can I do in Foundant?
- In addition to applying for a grant, you will also be able to:
- Review your organization’s grant history
- Fill out and submit progress and final reports
- Track your grant application process
- Communicate with The Community Foundation Staff when needed
Which browser is most compatible with Foundant?
- For the best user experience when accessing our Online Grants Manager, we suggest using one of the following browsers: Google Chrome 14 or higher, Firefox 9 or higher, or Safari 4 or higher. It is fine to use Internet Explorer, but you may encounter some minor technical issues.
- We encourage you to read our FAQ’s (pdf) before beginning the application process.
- Watch this helpful Creating an Online Account Video Tutorial
- Contact Program Officer, Tina Barber at 607-772-6773 or firstname.lastname@example.org at any point in the process.