The Community Foundation for South Central New York is a focal point for philanthropy in the five-county region we serve; Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and Tioga counties.
Whether you’re a community member thinking about how you might give back to the place you call home, an attorney, trust officer or financial advisor seeking to advise a client about charitable giving, or a nonprofit looking for a grant, we’re here to help.
The Community Foundation manages an endowment a “community savings account” of funds either established or contributed to by individuals, families, businesses, foundations and others. (Click here to see a list of all our funds)
Since our inception in 1997, we have awarded over $20 million in grants to non-profits, schools, and municipalities in our communities.
Our grants have
- Strengthened families through parent education programs
- Supported young students with preschool and after-school programs
- Purchased needed equipment for rural-based health facilities
- Assisted arts organizations with special projects
- Helped farmers markets expand
- Built or renovated libraries, theaters and other community-use buildings
- Provided transportation for seniors
- Assisted with flood relief efforts in 2006 and again in 2011
- Convened funders, non-profits, and the city of Binghamton to develop a grocery store in a food desert.
- Funded a master plan for Binghamton’s Ross Park.
…to describe just a few.
“The Community Foundation offers caring individuals an effective way to endow their community in a manner that is responsible, responsive, and lasting.”