What are the advantages to working with the Community Foundation?
- Our team of professionals has expertise in the variety of philanthropic funds that can be established to fulfill charitable intent. And, we’re glad to work with you and your client (either directly or through you) to explore the financial or estate planning instruments that can best achieve that intent while also providing optimum tax and/or financial benefits.
- You can feel confident that the assets your client commits to a charitable gift or fund at the Community Foundation will be well managed. The Investment Committee of the Board of Directors oversees all investment activities of the Foundation, and works with a highly qualified team of investment professionals, Graystone Consulting, to manage the Foundation’s endowment. See our investment policy.
- We’re here “For Good. For Ever.” The Community Foundation’s endowment ensures that we’re in it for the long term, making grants to benefit our entire community for generations to come.
- Once a fund is established, the Community Foundation handles all administrative responsibilities related to the fund. Your clients won’t have to worry about legal reporting issues or burdensome paperwork. They will receive a gift acknowledgment letter for their contributions suitable for their tax purposes; the Foundation handles all the rest.
- We offer local, personalized service. We’re right here in south central New York (headquartered in Johnson City), and we care about our region and its people just as you do. We encourage all our donors and professional colleagues to feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail or stop by any time.
- You have quick, easy access to comprehensive knowledge about the charitable landscape in the five counties* we serve. We’re familiar with the region’s nonprofits, the work they do, the issues they address, and are pleased to share information with you, as well as with donors.
*Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and Tioga
- We understand grant making. Since our inception in 1997, the Community Foundation, in partnership with its donors, has awarded more than $8.2 million in grants from the funds within the endowment, to the region’s nonprofits.