By volunteering our time, donating our products, and supporting impactful charitable projects and programs, Chobani seeks to strengthen the communities we call home, improve childhood nutrition and wellness nationally, and help those in need wherever they may live.
About the Chobani Community Impact Fund
As an expansion of its community wellness efforts, Chobani has established a Community Impact Fund with the strategic goal of strengthening the region where Chobani employees live and work. Through it, the company has established a $200,000 annual fund to support grant making that helps to 1) expand economic opportunity and 2) promote entrepreneurship for residents of Chenango, Delaware, Madison and Otsego counties.
Applications will be accepted for proposals to establish projects and programs that strengthen the local economy, encourage local ownership, facilitate the development of new streams of financial resources, and support current or aspiring entrepreneurs.
Examples of projects that might be of interest include those that
- Teach young entrepreneurs
- Empower small business owners
- Establish value-add opportunities for farmers and landowners
- Provide new farmer resource development
- Create school to work training pathways for students
New initiatives will be strongly considered. Innovation and collaboration are encouraged and will be looked upon favorably. Applicants should include plans for sustainability beyond the Chobani Community Impact Fund grant period.
- An organization may submit only one proposal to the Chobani Community Impact Fund during a calendar year.
- Organizations may not resubmit a proposal for a project previously funded or declined by the Community Foundation unless given permission to do so by the Program Officer.
- The minimum award per grantee will be $15,000 and the maximum will be $60,000 (for a multi-year grant of three years).
Submission Deadlines for 2020
- Letter of Inquiry will be due on Friday, May 1, 2020
- If invited to apply, full applications will be due on Wednesday, July 8, 2020
- Grant awards will be announced in mid-October.
Who May Qualify
- Any 501(c)(3) where a grant will benefit significantly residents of: Chenango, Delaware, Madison and/or Otsego counties.
- Certain local government agencies and municipalities, and public-school systems within the Community Foundation’s service area.
- Organizations requiring a 501(c)(3) as a fiscal sponsor may be eligible to apply, please inquire before submitting an LOI.
Requests Will Not Be Considered For
- Funding to reimburse an organization for costs that were incurred prior to the date the grant was awarded.
- Funding for capital campaigns
- Funding to pay existing mortgages
- Grants to individuals
- Funding for religious purposes
- Funding to organizations that have so many counterparts (e.g. scout troops, ambulance squads, volunteer or municipal fire departments, individual schools within a school district, individual school classrooms, PTAs) that it would be difficult to assess the relative merits of similar proposals.
To begin the application process go to Grant Seekers Page