Grant applications will be accepted from public libraries or historical societies in collaboration with public libraries in Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego, and Tioga counties.
- Grant proposals will be considered for amounts from $500 and up to $2,500 that address a specific public library need to enhance library resources, programs, or services or that will assist in the production of an historical exhibition in conjunction with a public library.
- Grant proposals for library operating and maintenance funds, reimbursed expenses, funds for existing programs where no improvement or expansion is proposed and staff salaries are specifically excluded from consideration; the purpose of the fund is to expand the outreach efforts of libraries and to enrich rather than replace traditional tax-based support.
- The Community Foundation Library Fund may award less than the amount requested and may consider matching or challenge grants.
How to Submit
- Applicants should login or create an account in our on-line system and select the Community Foundation Library Fund option. For more instruction, visit the “How to Apply” page on this website.
- Deadline for applications will be announced.
Please contact Program Officer, Tina Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org or
(607) 206-5180 should you have any questions or concerns.