The Ruff Farms Memorial Scholarship was established to honor the Ruff family and their long-lasting love and commitment to the Margaretville community. The Ruff family; specifically, Howard and Florence, Francis and Marion, Floyd and Don Ruff operated a dairy and vegetable farm in the New Kingston Valley. While farming was their passion, they also provided support of the community with involvement in school, church and local organizations. This Scholarship is intended to continue this support by recognizing and rewarding outstanding youth of the Margaretville community.
This endowed scholarship fund, will provide an annual college scholarship to a graduating senior from Margaretville Central School who plans to continue their education and pursue a career in engineering, the natural sciences, agriculture, forestry or environmental sciences.
Scholarship applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Graduating senior from Margaretville Central School
- Cumulative GPA above 3.0 at the time of application
- In the upper fifth (top 20%) of their graduating class at the time of application.
- Planning to pursue a college degree at a four-year college or university in the field of engineering, natural sciences, agriculture, forestry or environmental sciences.
- Demonstrated participation and leadership in school and community activities.
Or mail your check to:
Community Foundation for South Central New York
520 Columbia Drive, Suite 100
Johnson City, New York 13790
Note: Ruff Farms Memorial Scholarship Fund in the memo
For gifts of stock or gifts other than cash, please contact foundation staff at (607) 772-6773